Friday, March 11, 2016

So lazy.

(First world problem post.) 

I really wish I could order coffee by drone.  That’s coming soon, right?  It would just fly up to my window.  I suppose I could use one of the food delivery apps, but what if the coffee is cold by the time it gets to me?  I’m just in a big predicament here.  It’s my Friday off (two days late blob, I apologize), and I really need to study for my next exam.  But I know as soon as I open the book, I am going to fall asleep.

“Couldn’t you just make your own coffee?” you ask.  Yes, but the milk is spoiled and I don’t do black coffee.

“Couldn’t you walk to the nearest coffee shop?  You live in San Francisco—a coffee shop is never too far away.”  You are correct again.  But there is this really big hill and it’s raining.

The actual problem here is that I am too comfortable.  I’m in comfy clothes, sitting on a comfy couch, just relaxing by myself.  I could doze off any second.  I think I have inherited this from my dad’s side of the family.  We are impressive dozers. 

Alas, I cannot let this day slip by with no studying.  The test is two weeks from today, I haven’t started studying yet, and I’ll be away all next weekend for Mahe’s wedding (!!!!!!) in New Orleans.  So study I must.  I publicly resolve to get off this couch, put on my rain boots, and make the coffee trek.  Thank you for keeping me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment