Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Settling in.

All of my stuff from Houston finally arrived last Thursday, so Will and I spent Saturday unpacking boxes and rearranging furniture.  I was a little worried my stuff wouldn’t fit (we have a studio and I somehow have a lot of stuff), but everything fits quite well and makes for a homey space.  We also have a generously sized storage room, made even more generous when Will and I dismantled a bizarre sex den/smoking corner in the back.  Previous tenant(s) constructed this elaborate set up with a room divider screen, mirrors, and Christmas lights.  We also found a mysterious futon cover that I promptly made Will dispose of. 

Sunday was a beautiful day.  We went to a driving range in the Presidio with our friends Evan and Hannah.  Will and I were definitely the less practiced half of the group, but by the end, we both felt that our swings had improved.  I could see myself getting into golf.

The East Coast got/is getting quite the snow event.  Family and friends in New England, stay safe and warm.  This is for you.

Holla at my Jumbos.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I'm sure the process of packing and unpacking have been a tad bit slow, but hang in there, your house will be a home in no time. I do hope you can be done with all that settling in soon, so you can start reading up on books you're behind on, and even writing. Keep us posted, Claire. All the best to you! :)

    Clay Delgado @ World Packaging Co

    ReplyDelete