Sunday, January 24, 2016

Wingapo.

I must not have noticed the colorful leaves swirling around me as I left the house for my run this morning, but by the time I got back, I felt like a regular Pocahontas.




My first wildlife encounter was in Buena Vista park.  When there was no person attached to the off-leash dog ahead of me, I realized it was in fact a COYOTE.  A nice looking coyote.


Do you have an owner?
No, I am WILD.


But even better was the flock of PARROTS all chomping on breakfast berries in a tree right by my house.


I spy...

PARROTS

Oh hello.

Just brunchin' with mah buds.


(San Francisco has a population of wild parrots, thanks to a homeless dude who kept them as pets on Telegraph Hill back in the day.  We see them flying around a lot, but this was the first time I had seen them this up close.)

Then, from the shower, I watched a falcon/hawk/big bird as he surveyed his domain from a tree in our backyard.  I’ve been browsing “Birds of San Francisco” websites, but can’t figure out what exactly it was.  (I think I have mentioned here that I can foresee an old Claire birdwatcher…)  Birdwatching readers, I welcome your thoughts on what kind of bird this is, if you can tell from these bad pictures.  It had white spots on its wings, a white throat and belly, and a brown/gray head.





Ok, back to studying/tearing my hair out watching the Patriots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment