Thursday, January 28, 2016

Battle of Braintown.

Sincere apologies for no post yesterday.  I got distracted by cramming for my exam, which is not usually how distraction works for me.  I just returned from the testing center and feel…suspicious.  Suspicious of success, suspicious of failure…who can say.  We shall see.  The exam was Construction Documents and Services AKA How Not to Get Sued/Screwed/Taken Advantage Of/Bankrupt by the Owner/Contractor/Consultants/Users.  Riveting stuff…jk that was the Structures exam.  (Ah ah.  Brain fried.)

So this exam was two parts—multiple choice and a design vignette (a building section through structure/HVAC/etc).  Everything is going along smoothly enough until I get to the vignette and read the word “parapet” in the instructions…and then HAMILTON (the musical) is UNLEASHED in my brain.  “After a week of fighting, a young man in red coat stands on the parapet.”  So all while trying to draw this wall section, I have lines like “FREEDOM FOR AMERICA FREEDOM FOR FRANCE” and “WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON” playing over and over in my brain.  Not the best concentration music, but I did manage to finish the drawing.  I may need to take a break from listening to Hamilton/I just turned it on...I’m gonna go rendezvous with Rochambeau.  BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment