Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Uniform style.

On my walk home today, I was again reminded that my high school plaid is now a staple of fashion.


Detention-worthy skirt length.

Those of you who did not live in that plaid for six years may not be as attuned to its prevalence in the mainstream clothing industry.  (Did J. Crew have to buy the rights from Flynn and O’Hara??)  Trust me, it is everywhere.  I’ve never been able to bring myself to partake in the trend.  Our lives are too short to wear just one plaid.

I searched through my pictures to find one of me in my high school uniform, for comparison’s sake.  Amazingly, I could only find one.  Our days in costume are definitely overrepresented in my photo collection.  I guess I only brought my camera to school on holidays and during Spirit Week.  (Old Lady Claire just walked in..."Back in our day, cell phones didn't have cameras and we weren't taking pictures of ourselves all the time!  Our devices weren't glued to our hands!  I remember texting before T9--we had to work hard at it!  You kids don't even know what T9 is!  Uphill both ways!  Get off my lawn!  Rarrrrrrgghackhackhack")  

Please enjoy this photo of me on my very last day in school uniform (others are cropped from the picture out of respect for their privacy and dignity).



No comments:

Post a Comment