Friday, September 23, 2016

Incredible.

Friends, I have good news and bad news.  Let’s share the bad news first. 



Zero bids.

While I am disappointed, I admit I am not surprised.  I think my dress description managed to alienate all potential buyers.  I did try to make this an internet sensation.  For the first time ever, I used my Twitter quite aggressively, reaching out to famous and semi-famous people to alert them to the cause.  Unfortunately, all my efforts got me were a) one weird new Twitter follower and b) locked out of my account.  (By the by, my Twitter spirit animal may be Cher.  She is full of emojis and anti-Trump rage.  Not enough to bid on my dress though.) 

There is still time to sell the dress.  5 hours.  Miracles happen. 

Now the good news.  My week of Ivanka-trolling led me to an important realization: Ivanka is Mirage from The Incredibles.  We excuse her propensity towards evil* because she is hot and her boss is creepily in love with her.

*This comparison is unfair to Mirage, I know.





“But doesn’t Mirage double-cross Syndrome, save Mr. Incredible, and turn out to be good in the end?”  Correct.  I already told you the comparison is unfair.  I hate to be the one to tell you, though….real life is no Disney movie.





But it is pretty incredible.
 

1 comment: