Monday, October 3, 2016

Debate diagrams, part one.

Do kids diagram sentences* these days?  I've always enjoyed the activity.  For my own amusement (and perhaps for yours), I decided to diagram a few of Donald Trump's "sentences"** from the first debate.  His peculiar rhetorical structure forced me to get a little creative at times, so I cannot claim 100% accuracy in my diagramming.  But as far as I can tell, Mr. Trump has never been concerned with 100% accuracy, so I'm not too worried.

That's the kind of thinking our country needs.


One of the more bizarre sentiments uttered in a presidential debate.

Palm Beach, tough community.

We need to abandon coherent sentences.  It is the kind of thinking our country needs.  

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE MY STRONGEST ASSET IS MY TEMPERAMENT RAGE RAGE 



*Great resource for those of you who want to revisit 6th grade English.

**Straight from the transcript provided by the New York Times, which surely is misrepresenting Mr. Trump at Hillary Clinton's behest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment