Monday, October 17, 2016

I have become a monster.

Y’all.  I know this blob is very late.  I’m just…exhausted.  I had thought I’d finish a post I started a while ago exploring the “Christians” for Trump phenomenon, but I could not summon the emotional energy.  So instead of getting all worked up during my free weekend, I spent the time knitting, napping, doing laundry, watching West Wing, and eating Ben & Jerry’s.  It’s been very nice.  Perhaps I will finish my other post this week. 

I would, however, like to issue a statement proclaiming that I am aware I have become a social media election monster.  I can’t help it.  This election has opened my eyes.  It has shaken some fundamental assumptions I had made about my world.  It has me absolutely crazed.  Believe it or not, I tuned out of Facebook last election season because a) I didn’t particularly care about the outcome and b) I didn’t want to subject myself to preachy windbags.  But now, I am the preachy windbag.  I know that.  And I don’t care.  

This is my Facebook profile pic.


This election has also introduced me to the joys of Twitter.  I now semi-regularly tweet at Paul Ryan and Chris Christie, in attempts to shame them.


Three days later, he told House Republicans he will no longer defend Trump...coincidence???

@zesty_cruz liked this tweet--not sure if he caught my sarcasm.

Like I said, I've become a monster.


It's not all trolling, though.  


She then owned the first debate...coincidence?????


Perhaps after the election, my blob and I may return to a less crazed state.  (Largely depends on the outcome.)  In the meantime, I will offer a Trump-like apology to those who find this all a bit hard to stomach: I'm sorry you feel that way, but the other side is a lot worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment