Saturday, October 8, 2016

Pep talk for Donald.

Mr. Trump—can I call you Don?  Yes, is that OK?  Good.  I want you to be very happy.  It's very important to me.

Rumor has it (ooh) that you and your gang of old white cronies are huddled up in Trump Tower at this very moment, discussing options for your campaign in light of that unfortunate video published by your friends at the Washington Post.  (Listen, I hear ya, it was ten years ago, you’re a changed man.  There’s nothing like that sixth decade of life to force a man to examine his past life of misogyny and entitled behavior and start anew.  Truly, you are amazing.)

My sources tell me one Jefferson “Jeff” Sessions has mustered the courage to recommend you withdraw from the race.  Don.  Listen to me. Do not withdraw.  Jefferson is being selfish.  He’s a backwards dweeb.  You hate dweebs.  Dweebs are losers.  Look at the guy.  He looks like the kid from Mad magazine grew up and became a senator.  How did this guy get on the A-team anyways?  (Or do you call them the D-team? D-team might be more accurate.  Let’s go with D-team.)  You prefer guys who look like actual thugs.  You could have at least recommended he take some hair tips from Donnie Jr.  I mean, come on.

But I digress.  Jeff and the gang are starting to get a little worried about this thing called Election Day.  It’s on November 8th.  They are just now beginning to think that day might be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for the Republican Party.  (This is what happens when you surround yourself with people who aren’t smarter than you.  Not a critique!  I’m just saying!)  I hate to break it to you, but I don’t know how much Jeff actually cares about you.  (I know, right?  Don’t tell him I told you.  But seriously, who couldn’t care about YOU?  You’re the best!  You’re the bomb!  You’re the richest guy!  You get all the hot ladies!  Despite being an over-stuffed orange man-child with small hands and bad hair!  You are ABSOLUTELY KILLING IT.  People love you!  The crowds!  Those unbelievable crowds full of the very best people America has to offer!  You have so much to be proud of.  You have created a movement.)

But I digress again.  Listen, we have exactly one month left.  You’re not a quitter!  You don’t quit!  You’re a winner!  You have a winning temperament.   Let’s show those futzy old Republicans what you’re gonna do to their party, huh?  Let’s make them watch in horror as the results come in (in horror, because of how big you’re going to win, of course!).  Let’s make them truly understand what it means to UNLEASH THE DONALD.  Let’s watch them squirm.

It’s been one hell of a year.  And I do mean hell.  You have put us through hell.  A good hell though!  We’ve enjoyed it!  It brought out people’s true colors.  Or whiteness, as the case may be.  

Don, I know you’re not exactly accustomed to doing things for others.  (It’s not your fault you were born with a silver spoon up your ass.  I would never blame you for that.)  But I humbly ask you to give the American people the chance to reject (or accept!  We still could accept it!) your vision for making American great again.  You really have forced us to think about who we are and who we want to be.  Now give us the chance to prove to ourselves and to the world that we are not completely terrible.  You owe us that much. 

Now you get back on that horse, Don.  We'll see you tomorrow at the debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment