Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ode to Christopher "Chris" Christie.

I am sorry to break the news on this blog that my very own New Jersey governor, the honorable Chris Christie, has given up his bid for the presidency of the United States of America.  My feelings on the governor have come a long way since I first saw his lawn signs in New Jersey back in 2009 and thought, “that’s a dumb name”.  While I do not agree with him on every issue, I like and respect him.  He is a pragmatist, not a pyschopants demagogue.  His Jersey ‘tude will be missed in this race.  I have been calling Marco Rubio a robot for a long time, so I really appreciate that Chris Christie confronted him on this and brought the issue to the national stage.  That particular clip of him destroying poor baby Marco in Saturday’s debate was the first thing I saw Monday morning after I woke up (thank you, Erin) and it had me totally jazzed.  I practically leapt out of bed and fist pumped my way to the shower. 

So Governor Christie, I know Bruce Springsteen probably didn’t let you use any of his songs on the campaign trail, but baby, you were born to run, even if only to take Marco Rubio down with you.


Good night, Asbeary Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment