Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Evening address.

Good evening, my fellow Americans.

As I sit here on the couch and enjoy my dinner of cheese sticks, chocolate covered pretzels, and Trumer Pils, I ponder the future of our great nation.  I came across this clip from the Ellen Show, in which my new favorite child named Macey expresses joy and wonderment at meeting President Obama and George W. Bush.  (You must watch this video.)  How, I wonder, will Macey feel about meeting a President Trump?  How will President Trump feel about meeting her?  Will he inspire her to become President Macey?  Or will he recommend she become a supermodel, because those are the only women worth having around?   While perhaps it is not a primary part of the president’s job, I would argue that meeting with and inspiring children is a crucial aspect of the American presidency.  How can we expect our democracy to survive if the president does not encourage and respect the potential of children (and vice versa)?  As Donald Trump’s candidacy now seems inevitable, we need to THINK OF THE CHILDREN. 

I am about to embark upon a letter writing campaign to as many Republican party officials as possible, urging them not to endorse Donald Trump for president.  You are welcome to join the effort.  Our democracy depends on the active participation of its citizens.  This election is scaring the shit out of me, so I am planning to do as much as is in my power to prevent a Donald Trump presidency.  I have already signed up to volunteer for Hillary’s campaign.  (Forgive me, father.)

My fellow Americans, we must think of the children.  Our democracy depends on it.  God bless Hillary Clinton, and God bless America.


PS.

See ya, asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment