Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Under the Tuscan sun.

Please enjoy my current view.


Jealous? You should be. Will is reading nearby and my family is off exploring the town. I could happily spend the rest of my days here--reading, drawing, lounging, and sipping wine. It's been a good place to recover from our busy days exploring Rome and the Amalfi coast. We have walked a ton (~86,000 steps since June 8 by my phone's estimate), but have eaten enough pasta and gelato to offset any health benefits.  It's just all too delicious. 

It hasn't been all wine and roses though. We have had a few mishaps related to non-ADA compliant construction. The current count includes at least 4 major head bumps (3 by low clearance over stair and 1 by cabinet improperly protruding into walkway) and 1 major wine spill by improper grade change (AKA a small surprise step). We were able to clean the wine from the floor but the large splatter on the plaster wall has been very stubborn...goodbye Airbnb security deposit.

I have more to write about our trip, but I think I'll do it upon our return to the real world. For now I want to enjoy it while it can. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment